VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES is a hearty and healthy soup that is perfect for cold winter days. Made with a variety of vegetables and packed with nutrition, this soup is a great way to warm up and stay healthy during the winter months.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Cabbage is the main ingredient in this soup, and it is a fantastic source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin B6. It also contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to cabbage, this soup is also typically made with carrots, celery, onions, and sometimes potatoes.
ThisVEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES is not only delicious, but it is also incredibly healthy. It is low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals. It is also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have in your fridge.
If you are looking for a comforting and nutritious soup recipe to warm you up on a cold winter day, then look no further than vegetable cabbage soup. It is easy to make, delicious, and good for you too!
VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES Serving Suggestions
VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES is a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed on its own or with a variety of serving suggestions. Here are a few ideas to help you enjoy your cabbage soup:
- Add some protein: To make your cabbage soup more filling and satisfying, consider adding some protein such as cooked chicken, turkey, beef, or tofu. This will not only add flavor but also make the soup more satisfying and filling.
- Serve with bread: Cabbage soup pairs well with bread, especially crusty bread, sourdough, or whole-grain bread. Serve it toasted or warmed up with a bit of butter for a delicious and hearty meal.
- Top with cheese: If you’re a cheese lover, consider topping your cabbage soup with some grated Parmesan, shredded cheddar, or crumbled feta cheese. This will add flavor and texture to the soup and make it even more satisfying.
- Add some heat: To spice up your cabbage soup, add some red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or chopped jalapenos. This will add a bit of heat to the soup and make it more flavorful.
- Garnish with herbs: Adding some fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, or cilantro can add a burst of flavor to your cabbage soup. Simply chop up some fresh herbs and sprinkle them on top of the soup before serving.
- Serve with a salad: For a complete meal, consider serving your cabbage soup with a simple side salad. A mix of greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a simple vinaigrette can be the perfect accompaniment to the soup.
There are endless ways to enjoy VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES, so feel free to get creative with your serving suggestions. Whatever way you choose to enjoy it, cabbage soup is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for cold winter days.
Should I use Purple Cabbage or Green Cabbage?
Both purple cabbage and green cabbage can be used to make cabbage soup, so the choice depends on your personal preference and the availability of the cabbage.
Green cabbage is the most common type of cabbage, and it has a mild flavor and crunchy texture. It is also less expensive and widely available in most grocery stores. Green cabbage is a great choice if you want a classic cabbage soup taste and texture.
Purple cabbage, also known as red cabbage, has a stronger flavor and a more tender texture than green cabbage. It is also rich in antioxidants and has a beautiful purple color that can add visual appeal to your soup. Purple cabbage is a great choice if you want a more vibrant and flavorful cabbage soup.
Ultimately, both types of cabbage will work well in cabbage soup and will provide a variety of nutrients and health benefits. So, choose the cabbage that you prefer, or use a combination of both for a colorful and flavorful soup.
VEGETABLE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES
1 head of cabbage, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can of diced tomatoes
6 cups of vegetable broth
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with your favorite bread or crackers.