Sweet, exquisite, and brimming with flavor, this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish can’t be beat! The entire family will cherish the combination of delicate chicken and delicious pineapple pieces lying on a bed of earthy colored rice or quinoa. The best portion of this formula is the pineapple since it’s a SUPERFOOD. Pineapples help keep bones solid and solid since they are a top hotspot for bromelain, which assists uphold with jointing wellbeing. In the event that you need to get creative, toss some Superfood veggies in with the general mish-mash to add to the good times. Extraordinary decisions would be: carrots, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus.
The first occasion when I make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken it was on the grounds that we were searching for a more beneficial choice to supplant Sweet and Sour Chicken, which is one of our #1 takeout dinners. As in the past this post is liberally supported by Foster Farms, who I use only for chicken and have since I was a child experiencing childhood in California. Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, juices reserved*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Place chicken thighs into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Top with pineapple chunks and reserved juices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours, basting every few hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Stir in the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve chicken immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
Get Your E-book Now