You guys, these ribs are yummy-delicious and take literally 12 minutes to prep! Then they sear in a hot oven and cook to tender perfection in the slow cooker. This is the kind of dinner you will want to make over and over again because of its simplicity and flavor…
Ingredients [ For 6 to 7 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 6 lbs Tender Choice Backribs (bone in)
- 2-2 ounce pouches KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 3/4 cup Cola soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbs lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/2 Tbs lime juice (fresh)
- Extra lime and lemon to squeeze over finished ribs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut Tender Choice Backribs (2 racks) into 6 even pieces
- Open 1 pouch of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey and rub it all over the ribs, front and back.
- Lay ribs on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes per side, 30 minutes total.
- This will help to seal the outsides and keep them moist and tender while they cook in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine pineapple chunks, cola, honey, lemon and lime juice, and the other pouch of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey, and blend until smooth
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker
- Layer ribs into the slow cooker, and pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top, stir it a bit to coat the ribs.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, pour remaining sauce over the top, and brush across the ribs. Squeeze on a little fresh lemon and lime (optional) and serve.