Classic chicken and roasted vegetables, made in the slow cooker and absolutely loaded with bold, spicy flavors from the Harissa…
[ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs baby Yukon gold potatoes (or fingerling), small ones kept whole, larger ones cut in half
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced into 2 inch long pieces
- 1/4 cup Harissa paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- lemon, cut into wedges
- fresh parsley, minced, for garnish
- To the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, add the Harissa paste and 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add onion, potatoes, carrots and 1/2 tsp salt and stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, add garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir, and sprinkle evenly over chicken thighs.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and heat over MED-HIGH.
- Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place browned chicken thighs over the top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- For extra harissa flavor, spoon some paste over the chicken and spread to cover.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve chicken thighs with vegetables and a spoonful of cooking juices spooned over the top.
- Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.