Caramel Apple Jam tastes much the same as crusty fruit-filled treat filling in a jam …it is heavenly and addictive. See why this is my main most famous jam formula and one that is turned into a web sensation each time I post it. My girl, who lives in Maryland, was purchasing canning containers at a neighborhood retailer, and she and the clerk were discussing jams and canning, so the clerk asked my girl “what are you making?” My little girl said “caramel apple jam” and the clerk said “goodness I just saved a formula for that from Cooking with Mary” and my girl answered, “that is my mother!”
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup tart apple cider
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Methode Of Preparation
- Place all ingredients in the crock of your slow cooker. Mix well so apple slices are coated well and everything is incorporated evenly.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on the HIGH setting for 4 hours, or just until apples are very tender and jam is thickened.
- Can as you would any fruit, or just place the jam in jars with tight-fitting lids and store in your refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Freeze whatever you don’t eat or give away within that time.
- Enjoy on toast, pancakes, waffles, grilled cheese sandwiches or as a pie filling!
Get Your E-book Now