Pecan Bread Recipe is a type of quick bread that is made with chopped pecans, all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and baking powder. It is typically baked in a loaf pan and served sliced.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Pecan bread is a popular recipe in the southern United States, where pecans are a common ingredient in many sweet dishes. It is similar in texture and taste to banana bread, zucchini bread, and other types of quick bread, but with the addition of chopped pecans, which give the bread a sweet and nutty flavor.
Pecan Bread Recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. It is often served with butter or honey, or topped with whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. It is a simple and easy recipe that can be made at home with basic baking ingredients, making it a popular choice for home bakers.
Pecan Bread Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that can be enjoyed any time of the year. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even as a dessert. The pecans add a sweet, nutty flavor to the bread, making it a perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea.
Southern Pecan Bread Recipe Tips
If you’re planning to make Southern pecan bread, here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Use fresh pecans: Make sure your pecans are fresh and not stale or rancid. You can use either chopped or whole pecans for this recipe, but if you’re using whole pecans, make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the batter.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in a tough, dense bread. Mix the ingredients until just combined, and avoid over-stirring.
- Use room temperature ingredients: To ensure that your ingredients mix together well and bake evenly, make sure your eggs, milk, and butter are all at room temperature before you begin.
- Don’t overbake: Pecan bread can dry out quickly if it’s overbaked. Check the bread for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Let it cool: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for at least 10-15 minutes before removing it. This will prevent the bread from sticking to the pan and falling apart.
- Serve it warm: Southern pecan bread is best when it’s served warm. You can reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make a delicious and moist Southern Pecan Bread Recipe that everyone will love. Enjoy!
How to Serve Pecan Bread:
Pecan Bread Recipe is a versatile recipe that can be served in many different ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Toasted with butter: Toast a slice of pecan bread and spread some butter on top for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
- Topped with honey or maple syrup: Drizzle some honey or maple syrup on top of a warm slice of pecan bread for a sweet and delicious treat.
- With cream cheese: Spread a layer of cream cheese on top of a slice of pecan bread for a creamy and tangy flavor.
- With fresh fruit: Top your pecan bread with fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or blueberries, for a healthy and flavorful breakfast or dessert.
- With ice cream: Warm up a slice of pecan bread and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent and indulgent dessert.
- As a sandwich: Use sliced pecan bread to make a sandwich with your favorite filling, such as turkey and cheese or peanut butter and jelly.
- With coffee or tea: Enjoy a slice of pecan bread with a cup of coffee or tea for a cozy and comforting snack.
No matter how you choose to serve it, pecan bread is a delicious and versatile recipe that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
Pecan Bread Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, alternating between the two and mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve the pecan bread with your favorite toppings such as butter, honey, or jam.