You know what I love? Fried okra. You know what I hate? Frying things. This oven fried okra recipe is the best of both worlds: all the flavor of frying okra without the mess. Add in the fact that it’s low carb and gluten-free, and this keto friendly okra recipe is damn near perfection in my book…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 pound okra fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash okra, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with salt and let rest for several minutes.
- The okra will become sticky and moist, which allows the breading to stick well without additional ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour,
- Parmesan cheese, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Coat okra pieces in the mixture and place on a baking sheet or casserole dish in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until okra becomes crispy, stirring occasionally.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later!