The beneficial thing in my reality you needn’t bother with an extraordinary day to eat pie. Any day with pie in it naturally gets unique. A day with Banana Cream Pie? Incredible! I’d never made a banana cream pie however it has for quite some time been one of my top picks. I got the Norske Nook Cookbook for Christmas and that was all the consolation I expected to prepare a pie. For you non-midwesterners, the Norske Nook is a diamond of an eatery in Osseo, Wisconsin.
Simple, easy, and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it! To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
for the crust:
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened, salted butter
for the banana cream pie filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- 3 large bananas, sliced (not too ripe)
- sweetened whipped cream
Method Of Preparation
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix, using your fingers, until it becomes crumbly.
- Don’t overmix. Firmly press into a deep dish pie plate, covering the sides and bottom with the crust mixture. Chill until crust is cold.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and cornstarch. Mix using wire whisk.
- Add egg yolks, but don’t mix them in yet. Gradually add milk, and mix thoroughly with wire whisk.
- Place over medium heat and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Once thick, remove from heat and add butter and flavor extract(s). Mix well. Allow pudding to cool to lukewarm before filling pie.
- Once pudding is the correct temperature, pour half of it into the chilled crust. Smooth using a rubber spatula.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas, and then the rest of the pudding. Smooth top.
- Make sure there’s enough pudding to completely cover the bananas. Chill completely, for several hours, before slicing and serving with whipped cream.
Get Your E-book Now