Mexican Street Corn Tostadas – are topped with refried beans, healthy mashed avocados, and creamy Mexican street corn. This meal comes together in under 20 minutes and is great for Taco Tuesday.
Well enough talk about being lactose intolerant. (Which really sucks by the way!) These tostadas I think I ate about 4 times last week. I tried 2 different methods for cooking the corn tortillas. Once in oil, which I didn’t like and then I tried baking them in the oven. I liked that method better. To bake the tostadas, I cranked my oven up to 400 degrees and sprayed each side of the corn tortilla with butter spray. You can use any type of spray you want. Baked the corn tortillas in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes until they were golden brown. Ever make your own corn chips before? This is pretty much the same method, but you can cut them into triangles instead.
[ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 8 yellow or white corn tortillas
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of mayo (or Vegan mayo)
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- 2 or 3 avocados
- Mix all the ingredients for the Street Corn in a bowl including the canned corned (drained), cilantro, red onion, garlic, mayo, and chili powder. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray each corn tortilla on both sides with butter spray. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl mash the avocados with a fork until you can spread them on toast or a corn tortilla.
- to assemble the tostadas spread a heaping tablespoon of refried beans, 1 tablespoon of avocado, and top with the Mexican street corn.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. (optional)
Get Your E-book Now