These hand crafted lemon curd thumbprint treats are unadulterated flawlessness! A blend of sweet rich treats and citrusy finishing off with a trace of almonds!
The arrangement is very basic and straight forward:
You need one bowl where you cream the spread and sugar. Add one egg. Ensure the egg is generally at a similar temperature as margarine. Add a spot of salt.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter at room temperature (110 grams)
- 1 3/4 cups Plain Flour (240 grams)
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar (60 grams)
- Pinch of alt
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Flavoring (optional)
- 5 tablespoon Caster Sugar for Coating (optional)
- 15-20 teaspoons Lemon Curd
- Beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add pinch of salt and almond flavoring (if using) and mix with a spatula.
- Now sift in the flour. Mix with a spatula for a minute or so. Form dough using your hand. It will feel soft at the beginning but will come together while kneading.
- Wrap in in a cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minute.
- When the dough is chilled, take it out and form into small balls. You should get about 20 balls. Cover each one in caster sugar (if using) and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a measuring spoon (or your thumb) to press each ball down to make dents for the lemon curd.
- Fill each one with lemon curd (1/2 – 1 teaspoon).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355°F/180°C for 10-13 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are nice golden brown.
- Once baked, transfer onto a wire rack and let them cool down.
- Keep in an airtight container.
Get Your E-book Now