Are you ready for some keto snack recipes?! Because I have a feeling that this low carb gluten-free keto soft pretzels recipe is about to become your new favorite.
Breads and baked goods are always the foods that I missed when going low carb. They are also the foods that are the most difficult to recreate in a low carb/keto way. But this gluten free soft pretzel recipe? You’ll forget you had anything to miss.
The great thing about fathead dough (which is what these low carb pretzels are made of) is that it has the chew of a flour-based dough. It’s also incredibly easy to mix together, which means keto soft pretzels are in your near, near future and that is a good thing.
All of the delicious chewiness of a real soft pretzel, but low carb and keto friendly. The keto soft pretzels are sure to impress…
[ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (get it here)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- Coarse sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until well combined. I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash on the top of the pretzels. The other two eggs will go into the dough.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a long, thin piece, resembling a breadstick. Fold each one into the shape of a pretzel.
- Brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Get Your E-book Now