These Protein Pancakes were dreamt up because of my need to eat a low carb diet. As much as I hate it, I am suppose to be following a low-carb diet as instructed by my doctor. I have PCOS and have been battling infertility the last few years and apparently carbs are the enemy in my situation.
Despite trying to minimize my carb-intake, I still believe in moderation. There are times where you crave something hearty for breakfast like pancakes, instead of just string cheese or fresh fruit. A stack of normal pancakes would blow my entire day’s worth of carbs out of the water, so I wanted to come up with something equally filling but much healthier.
If you’re a newcomer to the keto pancake game, then I’d like to offer you a warm welcome. Your likely to stumble upon all types of low carb pancakes that are a mixture of cream cheese and eggs. Those are good, but we don’t settle for good around here. That’s why we took a classic low carb protein pancake recipe I’ve been making for years and pumped up the fat content to achieve the perfect keto pancake recipe…
[ For 18 to 19 people ] [ Preparation time : 07 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 scoops(62g) Protein Powder.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract(optional).
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup(for topping).
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and eggs.
- It is easiest to use room temperature butter and cream cheese.
- Add the protein powder to the wet ingredient mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the pancake batter and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- See “notes on serving size” section for info on how much batter to use for 100 calorie cakes.
Get Your E-book Now