This is the best and easiest Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe ever! Ready on the table in 20 minutes and tastes like Chinese takeout! Instant Pot is a game changer…
[ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 lbs beef (chuck roast or flank steak), cut into small pieces or thin strips
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lb broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup hot water
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Put soy sauce, ⅔ cup water, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a food processor or blender and process until smooth (if you’d like to make it without a food processor, mince garlic and ginger by hand and combine with soy sauce, water and sugar in a cup).
- Put sliced beef in the Instant Pot and pour soy sauce mixture over it.
- Toss with your hands to make sure all the beef is coated with soy sauce mixture.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to a Sealing position.
- Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 10 minutes on High pressure.
- While the beef is cooking, put the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 4 minutes if fresh (or 5 minutes if frozen).
- When the beef is done the cooking, quick release (QR) the steam and opens the Instant Pot lid.
- On the Instant Pot, press the Saute button and set the time to 15 minutes.
- In a cup, mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of hot water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the Instant Pot and mix until incorporated.
- The beef mixture will come to a boil and the sauce will gradually thicken (in about 3 minutes).
- Stir the cooked broccoli into the beef mixture and serve.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish (if using).