Instant Pot Applesauce is healthy, naturally sweetened with fruit, and you don’t even have to peel it with a few handy tricks! It freezes too!
- 6 to 8 medium apples (we recommend a combination of Granny Smith and Gala apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Peel and cut apples into 2 inch chunks. Place apples and all other ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot lid,ensuring the vent is in the sealed position. Press the “manual” button and adjust to high pressure and set the timer to 8 minutes. The Instant Pot will preheat before beginning the cooking time.
- Once the timer goes off, let sit for about 2-3 minutes. Turn steam vent to release pressure and carefully release the steam and remove lid.
- Drain off any excess water. Place cooked apples in a mixture and mix on low until desired applesauce consistency is reached – smooth or chunky! Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- NOTE: This recipe can also be used when canning or freezing applesauce!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0
Get Your E-book Now