Comprised of simple, fresh ingredients this easy Heirloom Tomato Salad recipe tastes like summer on a plate. One thing I love about this time of year is the supply of ripe, juicy tomatoes. This no-fuss recipe really showcases their flavor–and color–in a simple, but elegant, fashion.
I’ve never had a problem with finding nourishing salads that actually taste good, but this one might take the cake (or tomato).
This is a simple yet elegant dish that always pleases my guests. Not only is it tasty, but it is healthy, too. The more varied the colors of the tomatoes you choose, the prettier the salad will be…
[ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups cut-up heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Place tomatoes, spinach, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Get Your E-book Now