Oh yeah!!! It’s that good. I had to rename this once I made it. The old name does not do it justice. I’ve had this recipe a long time and finally got around to makin’ it today. And… I will make it again.
We can see why Peggi calls this pie heaven – each bite is heavenly! It’s a very unique dessert. It has a cool and creamy center, followed by layers of sweet caramel and a crunchy coconut pecan mix. Easy to prepare, you will have a hard time not going back for seconds.
1/4 c butter
7 oz flaked coconut
1 c chopped pecans
Melt the above and keep stirring until
Coconut is brown,
(about 5 minutes) set aside to cool.
2 *precooked flaky pie crusts (cooled)
8 oz cream cheese (soft)
1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 – 16 oz carton thawed cool whip
1 – 12 oz jar caramel topping**
1. Mix cream cheese and sweet milk with mixer and fold in Cool Whip with wooden spoon.
2. Layer in each, deep dish pie shell 1/4 cream cheese mixture, 1/4 caramel and 1/4 pecan mixture, 2 times for each ingredient and each pie shell. Drizzle a little caramel on top for appearance.
3. Freeze (can keep up to 6 months)Note: I didn’t freeze the one we ate today. Not perfectly set, but time will tell on that. We cut into it.
4. **(can use any other topping)
5. By the way… There’s an extra one in the freezer if you stop by.
Get Your E-book Now