If your fridge is stuffed with leftover ham after the holidays, these super-simple scones are all you need to polish it off. Studded with pockets of tender ham and gooey cheese, with savory bites of scallion throughout, they’re a perfect addition to any brunch menu. But don’t forget: Only a handful of cheese goes in the dough itself! The rest is reserved to sprinkle on top, giving these scones a cheesy, golden crust.
This weekend I picked up some wooden bowls and this cute little basket at Crate and Barrel…
[ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 4 oz of diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup of cheddar
- 1/2 tsp of onion salt
- 1 egg (for the egg wash)
- Everything but the Bagel seasoning (optional) or use my Everything but the Bagel Seasoning recipe
- In a bowl combine the yogurt, flour, diced ham, cheddar, and onion salt until well combined.
- I used Trader Joe’s Onion Salt seasoning.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll out the dough into a round disk so that it’s about an inch thick.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and cut into 8 equal triangles.
- Sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional).
Get Your E-book Now