A 30-minute garlic butter chicken and potato dinner are simple and delicious for everyone. It is naturally Whole30, paleo, and gluten-free. You will want to eat this dish repeatedly because it has tons of fresh herbs and garlic and the chicken and potatoes are seasoned just right.
It is a delicious comfort food recipe that you can whip up on busy weekends and is packed with basic ingredients. You will want to eat this delicious dish repeatedly. Crispy potatoes are served with tasty marinated chicken slices.
THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND POTATOES SKILLET:
In a large bowl, marinate chicken with soy sauce, olive oil, hot sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. (Assuming you prefer your chicken leaner, you can cut the dollop down the middle.)
Cut the potatoes into quarters.
Boil the potatoes (slightly cooked) in salted bubbling water for 8 minutes. They should be soft.
The moment they are done, channel them well and set them aside.
Place the olive oil and margarine in a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the potatoes.
Roast the potatoes until they are brilliant and cooked to your liking (this will take about 8 minutes). Since the potatoes are now tender, be careful when roasting them. I recommend using a utensil to turn them when frying, otherwise, they will break and tear as you cook and you will not get whole potato slices. Remove the potatoes from the pan.
Place the chicken fingers in the pan. (Reserve the remaining marinade for another time.)
Let the strips sit undisturbed long enough to burn on one side, then flip them over at that point and let the other sideburn. This will require a few moments for each side. The chicken will be cooked in the following stages. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (several minutes). Pour the excess marinade over the chicken and let it boil. The chicken should be completely cooked at this point – no pink left.
Then add potatoes, green onions, and Italian seasoning. Cook until heated through. If you are a huge garlic lover like me, stick to adding the GARLIC spice spread to each serving and let it melt. Glory!
WHAT TYPE OF CHICKEN WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO USE?
We like to include chicken breasts in this recipe, but you can also use chicken breasts and cut them into strips. Without much of a stretch, you can also use boneless chicken thighs cut into pieces.
WHAT TYPES OF POTATOES ARE USED?
This recipe for garlic chicken and potato spread uses Baby Gold potatoes. In general, baby potatoes will be potatoes that are simply picked before they reach their regular harvest. I like to use waxier potatoes here because they stick to the cooking system better than russet potatoes.
HOW WOULD I STORE THE EXTRA?
This will save you 3-4 days in the fridge in the water/air holder. It heats up very well in the microwave, but you can also heat it in a cast iron pan. On the other hand, you can freeze the supplements in a cooler compartment or in the refrigerator with secure packaging for 3-4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
WHAT SHOULD BE SERVED WITH GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND POTATOES?
A simple green salad with a balsamic or garlic vinaigrette would be great alongside this skillet meal.
If you have extra time, crispy roasted Brussels sprouts or broccoli (or broccoli) would be amazing too! I know you will love it no matter how it is served.
Garlic Butter Chicken And Potatoes Skillet
1 1/2 pounds small gold potatoes quartered (about 1/2” thick)
4 tablespoons ghee divided
4 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons parsley minced, plus more for garnish
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1” pieces
Sea salt and black pepper taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- To soften the potatoes before cooking on the stovetop, place them in a microwave safe bowl with about 1/4 cup of water and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until barely fork tender.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the ghee. Once hot, add the potatoes and sprinkle all over with sea salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, stir, then cook another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly brown, until golden brown and tender.
- During the last minute of cooking the potatoes, push them to the size and add the garlic, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Stir in with the potatoes and cook until potatoes are done. Once done, remove the potatoes, garlic and herbs to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee to the skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika, then add to the skillet/ Cook over med-high to high heat undisturbed for about 3 minutes or until crisp and brown on one side, then stir and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown all over, about 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the potatoes and top with additional fresh herbs. Serve right away and enjoy!
- Calories: 316kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 24gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 109mgPotassium: 781mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 241IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 2mg