This simple Baked Potato Salad is an ensured pot-karma FAVORITE! It’s a pleasant change from a normal potato plate of mixed greens, and rather incorporates the garnishes and flavors you love from a stacked prepared potato, including bacon, onions, sharp cream and cheddar.
I’m a tremendous aficionado of potato plates of mixed greens! Customary potato serving of mixed greens is yummy, however heated potato serving of mixed greens is stunning! It has the entirety of the yummy flavors you love from a prepared potato, changed into a potato serving of mixed greens!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- One 5 pound bag medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chives, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until fork tender.
- Cool and cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks. Leave the skin on! It tastes better that way plus there are more nutrients left and it looks prettier. I put them in a separate bowl and once they cooled enough I put them in the fridge to cool all the way. This gives them an excellent texture and prevents the dairy ingredients from getting hot or the cheese from melting. If you are serving this salad hot then you don’t need to cool the potatoes, just skip that step!
- Mix the mayo and sour cream together in a bowl. Add to the potatoes, then add the onions, chives, bacon, and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste – I use a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder for EVERYTHING so I never know exactly how much of either I put in. I think the taste is far superior to just using regular table salt and pepper.
- Top with extra shredded cheese, bacon, and chives, and serve!
Get Your E-book Now