Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe and the flavor of fresh basil, just take it to another level. This savory pie is made with homegrown tomatoes, bacon, and a mix of fresh herbs. Every bite is creamy, cheesy, and all encased in a buttery crust. Then you add all that melted cheese on top.
TIPS FOR MAKING Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe:
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
I usually only use frozen pie when making this recipe. A deep pie shell works well here so you can layer all the tomato slices in there.
If you are using a frozen piecrust, you will need to let it thaw on the line for about 10 minutes, then prick the crust with a fork (so the crust does not puff up too much while baking.) Then bake according to the directions on the back of your package (usually 400F degrees for about 10- 12 minutes.) friend recipe
If you prefer a homemade crust, try my Wham Bam Pie Crust, you make it according to the directions, prick the crust with a fork (as pictured below) and then pre-bake at 400F degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
Do not skip drying the chopped tomatoes a bit. This will help keep the crust from getting soggy. Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe
ALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A TOMATO AND BACON PIE:
- 2 ¼ cups self-rising fine wheat flour (like white lily)
- 1 cup cold spread, chopped
- 8 cooked slices of bacon, chopped
- ¾-cup sour cream
- 2 ¾ pounds clustered jumbo tomatoes, separated
- 2 teaspoons table salt, divided
- 1 ½ cups (6 oz.) freshly shredded extra sharp cheddar
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheddar
- ½-cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon plain yellow cornmeal
THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO MAKE TOMATO BACON PIE
Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe
Plan coverage: Pour flour into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a hardcore; chop in cold margarine with a blender or fork until the mixture looks like peas. Chill for 10 minutes.
Add bacon to flour mixture; beat at low speed until it connects. Gradually add the heavy cream, ¼ cup at a time, until blended after each addition.
Mix with a spoon on a heavily floured surface; dust lightly with flour and layer three or more times, adding more flour as needed. Roll into a 13-inch round. Shortbread batter in a 9-inch fluted cake pan with 2-inch sides and a removable base. Press dough into the bowl; trim the excess mixture along the edges. Chill for 30 minutes.
Carrying out the plan: Cut 2 lbs. tomatoes into ¼-inch thick slices and remove seeds. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix the cheddar, the next 10 fixings, and the remaining 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl until firm.
Wipe the tomato clippings with a paper towel. Sprinkle the bottom of the carcass with cornmeal. Gently spread ½ cup of the cheddar mixture on the outside; layer with half of the tomato clippings in somewhat overlapping columns. Spread with ½-cup cheddar mixture. Crush the layers using the remaining tomatoes and the cheddar combination. Cut the remaining ¾ lb. tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices and arrange them on top of the pie.
Heat at 425°F for 40 to 45 minutes, protecting the edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent unnecessary burning. Let it sit for 1 to 2 hours before serving.Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe
Easy Tomato And Bacon Pie Recipe
1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 green onions, sliced
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Let pie crust sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke bottom of pie crust with fork. Brush with egg white. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool
- Place tomato slices in a colander and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let sit 10 minutes. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Season tomato slices to taste with pepper and arrange in pie crust, saving three slices.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, basil, green onion, and half of bacon. Spread over tomatoes.
- Arrange remaining 3 tomato slices on top and sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.