I love upside down cakes! There’s something about that sweet and syrupy topping paired with a moist and fluffy cake that just makes my mouth water. I’ve tried a few recipes in the past, but I never seem to get quite the same results. So, I decided to do some research and develop my own recipe.
I think I’ve finally found the perfect combination of ingredients and techniques, and I can’t wait to share it with you. In this post, I’ll walk you through every step of the recipe, so you can cook the best pecan upside down cake ever.
What Ingredients Do You Have Recipes?
When it comes to baking, I like to keep things simple. So I’m going to give you a recipe for Pecan Upside Down Cake that only requires a few ingredients and is really easy to follow.
you’ll need some butter, brown sugar, and pecans. You’ll also need some all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, and whole milk.
How to Make the Pecan Upside-Down Cake?
Here’s How I Make My Pecan Upside Down Cake:
- Start by heating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, grease a 9-inch cake pan and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until melted and combined.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared cake pan and top with the pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
There are a few things I’ve learned over the years that make a big difference when it comes to making this cake. Here are my top tips:
- Use a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan to prevent the sugar from burning.
- Don’t skimp on the butter—it’s what gives the cake its delicious flavor and moist texture.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking. Room temperature ingredients mix together more easily and produce a more consistent cake.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center—this will ensure that it’s cooked through properly.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If you try to invert it too soon, it might fall apart.
The recipe that I am sharing with you is definitely one that you will want to make over and over again. It is so good that people will be asking you for the recipe. Not only is it easy to follow, but it also results in a moist and delicious cake.
I hope that you enjoy this Pecan Upside Down Cake recipe as much as I do.
Easy Pecan Upside Down Cake
115 g Butter soft
½ cup Granulated sugar
½ cup Brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs large
2 cups Flour
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
2 teaspoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Baking soda
- Pecan topping
3 tablespoon Corn syrup
½ cup Brown sugar
1 cup Pecan chopped
115 g Butter
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat an oven to 180c (350f) and line a 9 inch pan with parchment paper. Butter the cake pan with room temperature butter to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
- Into a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, add the brown sugar, kosher salt, butter, and corn syrup. Mix them together using a wooden spoon until the mixture is almost completely dissolved.
- Add the chopped pecan and stir until all the pecans are covered with the caramel. Set the pecan mixture aside to cool and make the vanilla cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and mix with a whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add ½ of the dry ingredient mixture and ½ of the buttermilk into the butter mixture and mix with an electric hand mixer until just combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the buttermilk and mix until just combined.
- Pour the cooled pecan mixture into the prepared buttered baking pan and spread it with a spoon.
- Pour the vanilla cake batter onto the pecan mixture and spread it with an offset spatula. Bake in a 180c (350f) oven for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before flipping the cake. Run a knife around the edges of the cake, and top the pan with a plate. Flip the cake and tap the cake pan to release the cake from the pan.
- Calories: 494kcal I Carbohydrates: 59g I Protein: 6g Fat: 28g I Saturated Fat: 13g I Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g I Monounsaturated Fat: 9g I Trans Fat: 1g I Cholesterol: 85mg I Sodium: 510mg I Potassium: 148mg I Fiber: 2g I Sugar: 38g I Vitamin A: 667IU I Vitamin C: 1mg I Calcium: 115mg I Iron: 2mg