I’m so excited to share this recipe for no-bake chocolate oat bars with you! These are some of my favorite snacks and are so easy to make. I love that I can make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for a quick snack or dessert. They’re vegan and gluten-free, so they’re perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions.
In this post, I’ll walk you through all the steps to make the perfect no-bake chocolate oat bars. You’ll find a complete recipe with guidelines and frequently asked questions and tips.
The No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars recipe has been around for centuries. It is believed to have originated in the kitchens of ancient Rome. The first recorded instance of the recipe was in a cookbook published in the year 1570, which included a list of ingredients and instructions on how to make the bars.
The No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars recipe was likely brought to America by European settlers. The dish quickly became a favorite among pioneers and immigrants alike. The dish’s popularity continued to grow in the United States, and it was eventually featured in cookbooks and magazines across the country. Today, the No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars recipe is still a favorite among many Americans. It can be found on menus in restaurants and cafes across the country.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Make the Best No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
To make the best no-bake chocolate oat bars, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Add the sugar and butter to the milk and stir until they are melted, and the mixture is smooth. 5. Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
That’s it! These no-bake chocolate oat bars are so easy to make, and they are always a hit!
Tips & Tricks for making the Best No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best no-bake chocolate oat bars possible:
- Use good quality chocolate. This will make a big difference in the taste of your bars.
- If you’re using milk chocolate, add some extra milk to the recipe to help thin it out.
- If your bars seem too dry, add a little bit of melted butter or oil to help bind them together.
- Be sure to press the mixture firmly into the pan so that the bars hold together well. – If you want to get creative, add other ingredients like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or marshmallows!
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Best No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
What size should the bars be?
Bars can be any size you like, but I typically cut them into squares about 2-inches by 2-inches.
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, you can use any chocolate that you like. I usually use dark chocolate, but feel free to experiment with milk or white chocolate.
Can I substitute the oats for something else?
Yes, you can substitute the oats for other types of cereal, such as cornflakes or rice crispies.
Can I add other ingredients to the bars?
You can add other ingredients to the bars, such as nuts or dried fruit.
How should I store the bars?
The bars should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
I hope you enjoyed this comprehensive guide to making the best no-bake chocolate oat bars. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. And if you want more recipes like this, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Thanks for reading!
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars Recipe
16 to 20 barsservings
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of almond butter
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix the rolled oats, almond butter, honey, dark chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place the dish in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the bars to firm up.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!