I’m always looking for new and exciting recipes, and this macaroni salad recipe is a real winner. It’s perfect for potlucks and summer barbecues and is always a hit for kids and adults. This is a versatile recipe, so you can tweak it to your liking. I like adding a few diced celery hearts for some crunch, but you could also add in some chopped ham or crumbled bacon.
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you could even give my garlic toast pizza a go! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious side dish, look no further than macaroni salad. This recipe is perfect for potlucks, barbecues, and other summer events.
In this article, I’ll walk you through all the steps of making this delicious macaroni salad recipe. I’ll show you how to cook the pasta al dente, mix up the dressing, and fold in the ingredients. By the end of this post, you’ll be ready to wow your friends and family with this delicious dish!
What Ingredients Do You Have Recipes?
As with any recipe, it’s important to start with the right ingredients. You’ll need the following: -Elbow macaroni
-Green bell pepper -Salt
The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. If you don’t like pickles, leave them out. Prefer a different type of onion? Go for it. Like your macaroni salad spicy? Add some hot sauce. The options are endless!
The Easiest Way to Make the Best Delicious Macaroni Salad
I’ve tried a lot of Macaroni Salad recipes in my time, and I’ve learned that there’s a right and wrong way to make it. The wrong way is to throw everything together without any thought or organization. The result is a mess of flavors and textures that don’t work together.
The right way is to take your time and put together a well-thought-out and well-balanced recipe. And that’s where this guide comes in. I will walk you through the process of making the best Macaroni Salad recipe you’ve ever had, step by step.
What. Are Cooking Instruments & Cooking Time?
When it comes to cooking instruments, I like to keep them simple. A pot and a pan are all I need. And for this Macaroni Salad recipe, I will need about 20 minutes.
I usually start by boiling the pasta in salted water, draining it, and rinsing it with cold water. This is important because it stops the pasta from cooking any further and keeps it from getting soggy.
While the pasta is cooking, I’ll prepare the dressing. I like to use a mixture of mayo, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Once that’s all mixed, I’ll add the cooked pasta and stir it all.
And that’s it! Just pour it into a serving bowl, top it with some chopped parsley or chives, and you’re ready to go.
Important Tips for Making Macaroni Salad Recipe
There are a few things to remember when making a Macaroni Salad recipe. First and foremost, it’s important to use good-quality ingredients. For example, you don’t want to skimp on the mayo, or the salad will be dry and flavorless.
Also, be sure to cook the pasta al dente. Overcooked pasta will turn to mush when mixed with the other ingredients. Finally, give the salad plenty of time to chill in the fridge before serving. This will allow all the flavors to meld together and create a truly delicious dish.
There you have it – the ultimate guide to making the best Macaroni Salad! I hope this recipe has inspired you to try this classic dish. It’s perfect for potlucks, parties, and picnics and always gets rave reviews. Don’t forget to share your photos of your masterpiece with me on social media – I can’t wait to see them!
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
8 oz macaroni noodles (227g);
½ cup finely diced sweet gherkins usually 4-6 sweet gherkins for me (80g);
¾ cup finely diced red bell pepper about ½ pepper (100g);
⅓ cup thinly sliced celery about 1-2 stalks (55g);
⅓ cup finely diced red onion (45g);
2 large hard-boiled eggs, finely diced;
- Macaroni Salad Dressing
¾ cup mayonnaise I use olive oil mayo (175g);
¼ cup sour cream (70g);
2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice;
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar;
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar;
2 teaspoons dijon mustard;
¼ teaspoon salt;
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper;
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder;
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional;
- Prepare macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse immediately with cold water, then drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and gently stir so the noodles don’t stick together as they sit;
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni noodles, sweet pickles, red pepper, celery, red onion, and eggs;
- Stir until well combined. Set aside and prepare your dressing;
- For the dressing
- To prepare your macaroni salad dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sweet pickle juice, sugar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper (if using) in a medium-sized bowl;
- Whisk until ingredients are well-combined;
- Pour dressing over your macaroni salad ingredients and toss until well combined;
- For best flavor, cover the bowl and allow the macaroni salad to chill for at least one hour;
- Stir once more before serving and enjoy!
- Serving: 1cup | Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg