I’m always experimenting with new cake recipes, and this latest creation is one of my favorites. It’s a Lemon Coconut Cake that’s both light and flavorful, and it’s straightforward to make. In this article, I’ll show you how to make it step-by-step, with all the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way.
I’ll also answer some common questions about this cake so that you can be sure to make it perfectly every time. So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced baker, this Lemon Coconut Cake is worth trying.
Recipe Ingredients & Cooking Instruments
I love baking and always look for new cake recipes to try out. I found this one for Lemon Coconut Cake, and it looked amazing. The recipe calls for some unusual ingredients, like white vinegar and cornstarch. Still, I could find them all at my local grocery store.
I also needed kitchen supplies that I didn’t have, like a stand mixer and an 8-inch cake pan, so I had to make a trip to the store for those.
But once I had all the ingredients and supplies, it was easy to follow the recipe and make the cake. The result was delicious—a moist and fluffy coconut cake with a tangy lemon glaze. Everyone who tasted it loved it!
Step-by-Step Procedure to Make the Perfect Lemon Coconut Cake
There’s nothing quite like the taste of a delicious lemon coconut cake. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and tangy and always seems to hit the spot.
If you’re looking to make this cake yourself, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it. First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, grease and flour in an 8-inch baking pan.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before frosting it with your favorite recipe.
There you have it! The perfect lemon coconut cake that everyone is sure to love.
Tips & Tricks for making Lemon Coconut Cake
There are a few tips and tricks that I’ve learned over the years that make a difference when it comes to baking a fantastic Lemon Coconut Cake. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Start with room-temperature ingredients. This will help the cake mix together more efficiently and produce a more consistent texture.
- Use a Bundt pan for an elegant look. This cake is also delicious when served as cupcakes but adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Don’t overmix the batter. You want to mix until the ingredients are combined so the cake stays light and fluffy.
- Bake the cake until it’s golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for a few minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and strawberries for a delicious finishing touch!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lemon Coconut Cake
FAQs are one of my favorite things to write about. I love giving people the answers to their questions and helping them make their cake dreams a reality. So if you have any questions about making a lemon coconut cake, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some of the most common questions that I get: -What type of pan should I use?
-Can I use a different type of flour?
-How do I make sure my cake is fluffy?
-Can I add coconut extract instead of vanilla extract? -Can I make this cake gluten-free?
I answer all of these questions (and more) in the recipe itself, so read through it thoroughly before you start. And if you still have questions after that, feel free to contact me. I’m always happy to help.
So, that’s how you make a Lemon Coconut Cake! I hope you enjoy the recipe, and please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or suggestions. Also, remember to check out our other recipes for more baking inspiration. Until next time, happy baking!
Easy Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe
- Lemon Cake:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup coconut yogurt I used full-fat coconut Greek yogurt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 ounces cream cheese softened
4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1-2 tablespoons milk or half and half
Shredded coconut and lemon zest optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil and almond extract until well combined. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined, the batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a rack to cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon milk, extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. If the frosting is too thick add additional milk to thin it out.Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and top with shredded coconut and lemon zest.
- Serving: 1, Calories: 480kcal (24%), Carbohydrates: 67g (22%), Protein: 6g (12%), Fat: 21g (32%), Saturated Fat: 15g (94%), Cholesterol: 86mg (29%), Sodium: 157mg (7%), Potassium: 219mg (6%), Sugar: 47g (52%), Vitamin A: 380IU (8%), Vitamin C: 1.9mg (2%), Calcium: 108mg (11%), Iron: 1.6mg (9%)