Easy Five Cheese Macaroni Recipe is a dish typically made with elbow macaroni pasta and a blend of five different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and gouda. The cheese blend is typically mixed with a creamy bechamel sauce and baked until golden and bubbly. It is a popular comfort food dish often served as a side or main dish.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Macaroni and cheese, also known as cheese macaroni, is a classic and popular comfort food dish. It typically consists of elbow macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce made with a variety of cheese, butter, milk or cream, and flour. The dish can be baked or served as a stovetop version, and additional ingredients such as breadcrumbs, herbs, or spices can be added for extra flavor.
One popular variation of macaroni and cheese is the Five Cheese Macaroni, which is made with a blend of five different types of cheese. The most commonly used cheese in this recipe are cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and gouda. These cheeses create a rich and complex flavor that is sure to satisfy any cheese lover’s cravings.
Easy Five Cheese Macaroni Recipe, start by cooking the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions. In a separate saucepan, melt butter and whisk in flour until a paste is formed. Gradually add milk or cream, and continue whisking until a smooth and creamy sauce is formed. Add the cheese blend and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened.
Combine the cheese sauce and macaroni and stir until evenly coated. If you prefer a baked version, transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake in the oven until golden and bubbly.
Easy Five Cheese Macaroni Recipe can be served as a side dish or a main course, and it pairs well with a variety of proteins such as chicken, steak, or roasted vegetables. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in or a family gathering, and is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
The best moment to Easy Five Cheese Macaroni Recipe
Cheese Macaroni is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It is often served as a side dish or a main course for lunch or dinner, and can also be a great option for breakfast or brunch. Some people even enjoy it as a late-night snack.
Cheese Macaroni is a comforting and filling dish, perfect for cooler months or when you need a quick and satisfying meal. It is also a popular choice for potlucks, parties, and gatherings, as it can be easily customized to suit different tastes and preferences.
Ultimately, the best moment to eat Cheese Macaroni is whenever you’re in the mood for it! Whether you’re craving a classic stovetop version, a baked version with breadcrumbs and herbs, or a Five Cheese Macaroni, this dish is always a crowd-pleaser and a delicious comfort food that can be enjoyed any time of the day or year.
Easy Five Cheese Macaroni Recipe
8 oz elbow macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or a mix of your favorite cheeses)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water, according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until it thickens and bubbles.
- Add the shredded cheese, salt, and black pepper and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Combine the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce and stir until the macaroni is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can also add different seasonings or spices to the sauce to customize the flavor, and experiment with different types of cheese to create your own unique version of this classic dish.