Crock-pot Mac And Cheese Today, I will show you how to make an easy and delicious Crockpot Mac and Cheese from scratch. This is a straightforward recipe, and it’s perfect for a winter lunch or dinner. This is an excellent recipe for a winter dinner because you can pop everything in the Crockpot and let it cook. At the same time, you’re busy doing other things. I’m a big fan of mac and cheese, and I think you will be, too, once you try this recipe.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
The main ingredients for my Crockpot Mac and Cheese are pretty simple: macaroni, cheddar cheese, milk, and butter. But there are a few tips and tricks that’ll help you make the best mac and cheese ever.
First, you want to use good-quality cheddar cheese. I like to use Cabot’s Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese, but any sharp cheddar will do. And don’t forget the milk—I use whole milk, but you can use any milk you want.
Crock-pot Mac And Cheese As for the butter, I like to use unsalted butter, but salted butter will work too. Just make sure to adjust the saltiness of the recipe accordingly. And lastly, the macaroni. I like to use elbow macaroni, but you can use any pasta.
How to Make the Best Crock-pot Mac And Cheese?
Crock-pot Mac And Cheese There’s nothing quite like a creamy and cheesy Crockpot Mac and Cheese. This dish is always a crowd-pleaser, and it’s so easy to make. Here is my recipe for making the best Crockpot Mac and Cheese:
- Start with quality ingredients. You want to use the best cheese and macaroni for this dish because they’re the stars of the show.
- Cook the macaroni pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth. Gradually add the milk, constantly whisking until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Add the salt, black pepper, dry mustard powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (if using), and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni pasta, and stir until everything is evenly coated. Add the cheddar cheese and Gruyere cheese, and stir until melted.
- Use a crockpot with a timer. This will keep your dish from burning or overcooking.
- Pour the Mac and Cheese into a Crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve hot!
So the next time you’re in the mood for some comfort food, give my crockpot mac and cheese a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Tips & Tricks To Make the Easy Crockpot Mac and Cheese?
Crock-pot Mac And Cheese When it comes to cooking up a pot of Crockpot Mac and Cheese, there are a few tips and tricks that I’ve learned over the years that make a difference.
First, always use good-quality cheddar cheese. It’s the show’s star, so you want to ensure it’s delicious. I also like to add a touch of Gruyere cheese for extra flavor. Second, cook the macaroni al dente before adding it to the slow cooker. It will get mushy in the Crockpot if it’s not cooked through. Third, add some creaminess to the sauce by adding some milk or cream. This
will make it extra delicious. And finally, give your mac and cheese a good stir before serving. This will help everything come together and create a friendly, creamy sauce.
It’s simple and straightforward, but the result is a creamy, cheesy masterpiece. Let’s get started!
Easy Crock-pot Mac And Cheese Recipe
16 ounces elbow macaroni;
4 cups whole milk;
8 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, extra-sharp, shredded by hand;
8 ounces white cheddar cheese, extra-sharp, shredded by hand;
½ cup grated parmesan;
1½ teaspoons sea salt, optional;
½ teaspoon white pepper;
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature;
8 ounces sour cream;
1 teaspoon ground mustard;
- To begin, you’ll fill a large pot halfway up with water and bring to a boil.;
- Once the water has started to boil, pour in a little bit of olive oil and the box of macaroni. Cook the macaroni for 2 to 3 minutes and then drain.;
- In the insert of your crockpot, place the milk and the elbow macaroni noodles. Stir well to make sure that the noodles are not sticking together.;
- Then add the milk, shredded cheddar cheeses, parmesan, and seasonings.;
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.;
- Cut the cream cheese into small, one-inch cubes and stir in the cream cheese and the sour cream until the cream cheese starts to melt.;
- Cook on low for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until it’s hot and creamy.;
- Calories: 769kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 1725mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1392IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 963mg | Iron: 2mg