I love creating recipes that are not only delicious but also nutritious. And this broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breast is one of my favorites. It’s easy to make, and my whole family loves it. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. You can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. And it’s a great way to get your kids to eat vegetables.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dinner idea, give this broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breast a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Recipe Ingredients & Cooking Instruments
The complete list of ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious dish are:
- 11⁄2 cups cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
In terms of cooking instruments, you’ll need:
- a cutting board and knife to chop the broccoli and mince the garlic – a large baking dish
- a small bowl to mix the cheeses, garlic, and spices
Step-by-Step Procedure to Make the Best Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Here’s the step-by-step procedure to make the best broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breast:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix broccoli, cheese, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then stuff them with broccoli cheese.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked. 5. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for making Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
If you’re looking for tips and tricks to make the perfect broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breast, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to pound the chicken breast thin so it cooks evenly and the stuffing doesn’t fall out. – Season the chicken generously with salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Cook the stuffing separately before putting it into the chicken, so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a delicious and nutritious meal that your whole family will love.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
What kind of cheese should I use?
You can use any cheese you like, but I recommend using mozzarella, cheddar, or a mix of both.
Do I need to cook the broccoli before stuffing it into the chicken breast?
A: No, you don’t need to cook the broccoli before stuffing it into the chicken breast. Make sure the broccoli is small enough to fit into the chicken breast.
How long should I cook the chicken?
The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken breast. I recommend cooking it for 25-30 minutes.
Can I stuff other vegetables into the chicken breast?
Yes, you can stuff other vegetables into the chicken breast. Some other good options include spinach, mushrooms, and onions.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for broccoli cheese-stuffed chicken breast! It’s a delicious and nutritious meal perfect for a weeknight dinner. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Happy cooking!
Easy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
3 large chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
1/4 tsp paprika
1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
1 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
- For the filling, place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water. To the dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet), over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15- 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 780mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 1mg