Pepper steak is a dish that originates from the United States and consists of beef that is pan-fried with bell peppers and onions. It’s a straightforward dish, but there are a few tricks to getting it right. The meat must be simmered over low heat to become nice and tender. And you want to make sure that the bell peppers and onions are cooked through but not too soft. There are a lot of recipes for pepper steak out there, but I’ve finally perfected the perfect one. I’ve tried a lot of different techniques and ingredients, and this is the recipe that I always return to.
The key to making the best pepper steak is using the right ingredients and following a few simple guidelines. I’ve been making pepper steak for years and learned a thing or two. In this article, I’m going to share my recipe with you, as well as some tips on how to make it perfect every time. I’ll also answer some of this recipe’s most commonly asked questions. So, are you ready to learn how to make the best pepper steak? Let’s get started!
Cooking Instruments Needed & Recipe Ingredients
So you want to make the best pepper steak in the world? Awesome. Here’s what you need: -A skillet or wok
-Spices: onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, and paprika.
-A cutting board and chef’s knife
-Ingredients: flank steak, olive oil, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, green bell peppers, onion, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Make the Best Pepper Steak
Alright, so here’s how I make my pepper steak. It’s a pretty simple recipe, but the results are always delicious.
First things first: season your flank steak with all of the spices. I like to use a lot of black pepper and cayenne pepper for a real kick. Then heat your skillet or wok on medium-high heat and add some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add your seasoned steak and cook it for about 5 minutes per side.
While your steak is cooking, cut up your bell peppers into thin strips. I like mixing red, yellow, and green bell peppers for a colorful dish. Once your steak is cooked, please remove it from the pan and set it aside on a plate. Add in your bell peppers strips and cook them until they’re soft (about 5 minutes).
Finally, add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Serve the steak strips over cooked rice or noodles, and pour the sauce over everything. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for making the Best Pepper Steak
There are a few tricks to making the perfect Pepper Steak. Here are my tips:
- Start by mixing the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Then, add the steak and make sure it’s well coated. Let it sit for at least an hour or even overnight. This will help the flavors soak in.
- When ready to cook, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Serve with rice and vegetables for a complete meal.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pepper Steak
I’ve been asked many questions about pepper steak over the years. Here are some of the most common ones, along with my answers.
What kind of steak is best for pepper steak?
A flank steak is the best type of steak for pepper steak. It’s a thin, affordable cut of meat that’s perfect for stir-frying.
What should I do if I don’t have work?
If you don’t have a wok, use a large frying pan instead. Just make sure the pan is nice and hot before you start cooking.
Can I make pepper steak in advance?
Yes, you can make pepper steak in advance. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors can meld together.
In this post, I have walked you through every step of the process, from start to finish. Now that you know how to make the best pepper steak, it’s time to get cooking! This dish is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight meal, and your family and friends will be impressed with your culinary skills. Remember to check out our other recipes for more cooking inspiration. And if you have any questions about this recipe or any other, be sure to ask in the comments below. We’re always happy to help!
Best Pepper Steak
1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
1 1/4 pounds flank steak thinly sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large pan.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Remove the peppers from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 30 seconds.
- Place the peppers back in the pan with the steak.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the steak mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has just thickened, then serve.
- Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 61.9mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2.8mg