I love cooking shrimp. It’s such a versatile ingredient, and it’s so quick and easy to prepare. I especially love baking it in the oven with a Cajun seasoning mix. It’s always a big hit with my family and friends.
I’ve had a lot of requests for my Baked Cajun Shrimp recipe, so I wrote a comprehensive post about it. In this post, I’ll share my recipe with you, as well as some tips and tricks for making the best baked cajun shrimp every time. I’ll also answer some of the most common questions about this dish. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, this post has something for everyone. Let’s get started!
You might be surprised to learn that the history of Baked Cajun Shrimp dates back to the 1800s. That’s right; this dish is over 200 years old! It was initially created by French settlers in Louisiana who were looking for a way to add some spice to their otherwise bland shrimp dishes. They came up with the idea of using a blend of cajun spices, and the rest is history!
Nowadays, Baked Cajun Shrimp is a popular dish worldwide, and it’s easy to see why. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer. Plus, it’s always a hit with guests!
Baked Cajun Shrimp: Recipe Ingredients & Cooking Instruments
This is a recipe for baked Cajun shrimp. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined – 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
You will also need the following cooking instruments:
- aluminum foil
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- baking sheet
Step-by-Step Procedure to Make the Best Baked Cajun Shrimp
Now let’s get into the nitty-gritty of this recipe. Here are the step-by-step instructions to make the best baked cajun shrimp:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cajun spice blend, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a bowl. 3. Place the shrimp onto a baking sheet and sprinkle the spice blend. Make sure each shrimp is evenly coated.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for making Best Baked Cajun Shrimp
If you want to impress your guests, there are a few things you can do to step up your game. First, try using jumbo shrimp. They look beautiful and luxurious, and they’ll be sure to make a big impression.
Second, don’t be afraid to get creative with your garnishes. A sprinkle of chopped green onions or a drizzle of lemon juice can take your dish to the next level.
Finally, if you want that extra flavor, try marinating your shrimp in a mixture of Cajun spices and olive oil for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will infuse them with all the delicious flavors of the Cajun spice blend and make them even more irresistible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Best Baked Cajun Shrimp
What kind of shrimp should I use?
You can use any shrimp you want, but I recommend using wild-caught shrimp because it’s more sustainable.
Do I have to use cajun seasoning?
No, you don’t have to use cajun seasoning. You can use any herb or even salt and pepper.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
You can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free bread crumbs.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using vegan bread crumbs and omitting the shrimp.
I hope you enjoyed this comprehensive guide on how to make the best baked Cajun shrimp! With proper ingredients, cooking instruments, and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be serving a delicious seafood meal in no time. And don’t forget the tips and tricks I’ve shared – they’ll come in handy when trying to perfect your shrimp-cooking skills. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below, and I’ll be happy to answer them.
Easy Baked Cajun Shrimp Recipe
12 Oz. Shrimp Peeled, Deveined, Cooked
1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 ½ Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp. Thyme Leaves
¼ Tsp. Ground Oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place foil onto cookie sheet. Lightly oil the foil with cooking spray. Place shrimp in a mixing bowl. Add oil to the bowl. Cover top of the bowl and gently shake until all of the shrimp is covered with the oil. In a small bowl with a lid, mix all of the herbs and spices. Add the mixture to the shrimp bowl. Cover the bowl and gently shake until all of the shrimp are covered with the seasonings. In a single layer, place the shrimp onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm with a slice of lemon wedge.