If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for Dutch apple bread, you’ve come to the right place. This is one of my favorite recipes, and I’m sure you’ll love it too. The best thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are simple and easy to find. The hardest part is peeling and chopping the apples, but it’s worth it in the end.
I’m excited to share this delicious Dutch apple bread recipe with you! So without further ado, let’s get started!
What Ingredients Do You Have Recipes?
When it comes to making Dutch apple bread, the ingredients are essential. You’ll need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, and salt.
But the key to a great loaf of bread is suitable flour. I like to mix all-purpose and whole wheat flour, but you can use whatever you have. The sugar is also essential—I use white and brown sugar to give the bread a little depth. As for the butter, I like to use unsalted butter so I can control the salt level. And eggs are essential for binding all the ingredients together.
The last ingredient is baking powder. This helps the bread rise and gives it that wonderful fluffy texture.
Cooking Instruments & Cooking Time
One thing about this recipe is that it’s forgiving. You can use whatever type of apple you like, and the cooking time can vary depending on your oven. I want to use a cast-iron skillet for baking my Dutch apple bread, but you could use a baking dish or a loaf pan.
As for the cooking time, I usually start by baking it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then test it with a toothpick to see if it’s done. If the toothpick comes out clean, I’ll take it out of the oven; if not, I’ll bake it for another 5-10 minutes.
How To Make The Dutch Apple Bread?
Here’s how I make my Dutch apple bread:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until everything combines.
- Spread three-quarters of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add the apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and spread the remaining batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread. Let cool before slicing and serving.
The best part is the delicious apple filling. It’s warm and cinnamony, and it goes perfectly with the bread. Please give this recipe a try soon!
What Tips For Making the Best Dutch Apple Bread?
There are a few secrets to making the perfect Dutch apple bread—secrets that I’m happy to share with you. Now that you know the basics, here are my top tips for making perfect Dutch apple bread every time:
- Use high-quality ingredients.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature before mixing it in.
- Stir in the eggs lightly—over-mixing can make the bread dense and heavy.
- Don’t overcook the bread—start checking for doneness after 50 minutes.
- Let the bread cool before slicing it.
It’s perfect for a cozy autumn day. I love making dutch apple bread because it is so delicious, and everyone always loves it. It’s a great recipe for special occasions or to have on hand when you want something yummy.
You need to know a few things to make the best dutch apple bread:
- You need to make sure you use the right ingredients.
- You need to follow the recipe closely.
- Give the bread enough time to cook so it can be properly enjoyed!
Once you know how to make this delicious dutch apple bread, you’ll be able to wow your friends and family with your baking skills. They’ll be asking for your recipe, so be prepared to share!
DUTCH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
- Bread Batter
½ cup softened butter 1 stick;
1 cup granulated sugar;
2 eggs large;
½ cup milk;
1 tsp vanilla extract;
2 cups all-purpose flour;
½ tsp salt;
1 tsp baking powder;
1 ½ cups green apple diced & peeled;
½ cup walnuts or pecans chopped;
- Dutch Crumb Topping
5 tbsp cold butter;
⅓ cup flour;
2 tbsp granulated sugar;
2 tbsp brown sugar;
2 tsp ground cinnamon;
- Vanilla Glaze
1 tbsp melted butter;
½ cup powdered sugar;
1 tbsp milk;
¼ tsp vanilla extract;
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.;
- Chop apples into small square pieces, set aside.;
- Bread Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.;
- Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and stir well to incorporate.;
- Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder.;
- Fold in apples and nuts.;
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.;
- Start by combining the cold butter, brown and white sugars, flour, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Then, sprinkle the topping mixture over the batter in the pan.;
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean. (Internal temperature of bread will be 200 degrees F when fully cooked.);
- Let cool before adding the glaze.;
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.;
- Mix together the melted butter, powder sugar and milk until smooth.;
- Remove the bread from the pan and drizzle the glaze over the top;
- Slice and serve;
- Serving: 1g | Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 576IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg