This formula was brought over from Sweden by my extraordinary grandma, Emma, when she moved to the United States in the last part of the 1800s. Emma was known for facilitating amazing evening fika get-togethers, and these ginger snaps were one of the mark treats she would serve.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Methode OF Preparation
- Cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Chill, covered, for 4 hours. Roll to 1/8 inch thick on floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting or a light dusting of powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Freeze whatever you don’t plan on eating in 10 days. Enjoy!
Get Your E-book Now