Valentine’s Day has now (thankfully) come and gone. Which means that it’s time for grocery carts everywhere to start glowing orange as we celebrate this most wonderful time of the year — Carrot Cake Season!
I’m pretty sure that I’d be best buds with Bugs Bunny, because I get a little too excited about carrots and carrot cake and anything else that I can make taste like carrot cake. Last year, some of you might remember that I shared back-to-back recipes for the (humbly-named) Best Carrot Cake, as well as a killer Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake. And since I generally test my baking recipes at least a handful of times before posting them on the blog, it’s safe to say that last spring was filled with so much carrot cake. Which was not a problem. 🙂
Carrot Cake Granola – an easy, healthy granola recipe…
prep time: 10 MINUTES | cook time: 25 MINUTES | total time: 35 MINUTES | yield: 6 -8 SERVINGS
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free oats if making this GF)
- 1 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- (optional) 1/2 cup shaved or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oats, carrots, pecans, walnuts, coconut (if using), maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together in a large mixing bowl. Toss well until combined.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, pulling the mixture out at the halfway point and giving it a good stir before the final round of baking. Remove and let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then add raisins and toss to combine.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
Get Your E-book Now