Simple to make cereal treat bars loaded up with gooey caramel and overflowing chocolate, these carmelitas bars will make you frail to your knees!
My scratch pad is loaded up with formula thoughts. My psyche thinks constantly about new compelling sweets or how I can put a bend on old ones.
In some cases I attempt a formula and, regardless of whether I choose to blog about it, it might take me weeks until I will impart it to you. (recall these blueberry pie cheesecake bars I made in may and shared the formula in eminent). A portion of the plans, regardless of how astounding they end up, continue getting pushed towards the finish of my rundown and I never get around to really blog about them.
Also, there are a few plans that should be shared immediately! That is the situation of these caramel chocolate cereal bars (otherwise called Carmelites)! I was unable to hold back to impart them to you! On the off chance that solitary you lived nearer to really come over for some tasting! Unadulterated paradise!
This was the first occasion when I made carmelitas. All things considered, it was the first occasion when I had a carmelitas! Yet, I’ve seen endless plans for these astonishing oats bars loaded up with overflowing caramel and dissolving chocolate I knew regardless of whether this isn’t the first formula, they will undoubtedly turn out astounding!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) Gold Medal Flour® all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (if using rolled oats, pulse them for few seconds in the food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) Imperial Sugar® brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 14 ounces vanilla caramels , unwrapped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup (6 ounces) unsweetened baking chocolate , chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5-6 caramels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper , leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, soda, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and chocolate (both the chips and chopped one) over the crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and heavy cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel in the pan, over the chocolate and pecans.
- Crumble the reserved oatmeal cookie dough over the caramel layer.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled cut into bars.
- Optional, melt both the remaining caramels and chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.
Get Your E-book Now