This cabbage move soup has in no way different flavors as exemplary prepared cabbage rolls, however with way less work! This unstuffed cabbage soup is good, filling and the ideal decision for a simple supper alternative. On the off chance that you love cabbage rolls, however don’t adore all the work in question, this fast cooking cabbage soup is for you!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups julienne or chopped carrots…
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (2 Tablespoons), minced
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 64 oz. chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand (including juice)
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or dry dill
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Brown ground beef and pork in skillet until just slightly pink. Drain, if needed, and set aside.
- In a large, heavy stockpot, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add: onion and carrot.
- Saute until veggies are tender. Add cabbage and cook until wilted. Add garlic and parsley.
- Cook 30 seconds. Add raisins, sugar, vinegar, stock, ketchup, tomatoes, tomato paste, and all spices. Stir well.
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat so soup is gently simmering.
- Add meat. Cover pot so lid is slightly askew. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls. Add a scoop of rice to each. Serve with a buttery baguette! Enjoy!
Get Your E-book Now