Scalloped Potatoes are an exemplary dish with layers of potatoes and rich smooth cheddar sauce on rehash! The fixings are basic in these Scalloped Potatoes formula yet they are the ideal without any preparation side dish to Easter, Christmas, or Thanksgiving!
Being the proprietor of this food blog since 2008, I’ve discovered that around Thanksgiving and Christmas I’m accessible as needs be for everybody – companions, bloggers, family, neighbors for formula addresses that may emerge.
Not even fundamentally about plans on my blog, simply cooking by and large. I totally wouldn’t fret by any means. I love to help when I can. However, my telephone is in a real sense exploding with writings and messages.
That is not in any event, checking the entirety of the remarks on my blog. I react to each and every inquiry in the remarks on my blog and some of the time that can be up to 100 per day. Golly.
I have other blogger companions that reveal to me that they generally tackle remarks in the first part of the day when they’re new and prepared for the afternoon. Not me.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8 or 7×10 pan. Then line half of the potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper. Let cook another minute.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Slowly whisk in the milk and whisk until smooth. Bring to a light simmer to allow to thicken.
- Then stir in 3/4 cup cheese until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes. Then sprinkle about 1/2 cup cheese over top. Line the remaining potatoes over top.
- Then add the remaining sauce and cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender an the top is golden brown.
Get Your E-book Now