Best Homemade Lemon Bread, a scrumptious clammy, Lemon Loaf Recipe. Made with new lemons and a basic lemon coat. The ideal bite, dessert or even Breakfast Bread.
Since I treat prepared myself out, I thought there’s something else entirely to Christmas than just treats and bars. So I need to share one of the most heavenly and mentioned snappy breads I have ever eaten or made.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 2 1/4 cups flour (285 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (250 grams)
- 3/4 cup butter softened* (155 grams)
- 3 eggs (large)
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%) (180 grams)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (I used 1 medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius), grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/4 cups sugar, add the softened butter and with a pastry blender blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl add eggs and beat lightly with a fork add milk and mix until combined, then pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
- In prepared loaf pan add the batter and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours (or until tooth pick comes out clean). Cool then move to a wire rack.
- In a small pot add the 4 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar, over medium heat stirring constantly bring to a boil until thickened.
- With a pastry brush, brush syrup over the top of the bread. Enjoy!
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 114mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Get Your E-book Now