This Dill Pickle Potato Salad is scrumptiously and stacked with crunchy dill pickles in a lively dill pickle juice mixed dressing! This potato serving of mixed greens makes dill pickles the star of the dish making a side that will be the hit of any late spring bar-b-que! On the off chance that you’ve perused my blog, you may have seen that I have this thing for dill pickles, I really genuinely love them. You’d really be astounded the number of dishes you can add them to.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
For the potatoes:
- ~ preheat oven to 350 degrees F. ~
- 5 lb small Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 medium-large dill pickles, sliced
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
for the dressing:
- 1 heaping cup of your favorite vegan mayonnaise (or more, to taste)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dill pickle juice from jar
- 2 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Mix all in a large mixing bowl. Toss so all of the potato chunks are evenly coated.
- Place prepared potatoes in a large casserole pan (or two smaller ones) and cover with a glass lid or foil.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Taste them. If they taste right to you, remove them from the oven. Spread out on a baking sheet to cool completely, or wait for them to come to room temperature and chill overnight if you want to assemble your salad the next day.
- Once the potatoes are completely cool you can add the other ingredients and the salad dressing.
- Place all dressing ingredient in a medium mixing bowl and stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Mix the pickles, onion, and celery into the salad and then gently fold in the dressing until everything is evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasonings/ingredients to your liking.
- Cover and chill completely before serving. Garnish with more sliced pickles, freshly ground black pepper, and fresh dill sprigs just prior to serving.
Get Your E-book Now