BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE is a classic dish that originated in New Orleans. Despite the name, it doesn’t actually involve grilling the shrimp. Instead, it’s cooked in a sauce made with butter, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce, which gives it a rich and tangy flavor. In this article, we’ll go over a delicious barbecue shrimp recipe that you can easily make at home.
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
This barbecue shrimp recipe is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make, and the rich and tangy sauce pairs perfectly with the succulent shrimp. If you want to make it even more flavorful, you can add some chopped fresh parsley or green onions to the top before serving.
In conclusion, if you’re a fan of shrimp and looking for a new recipe to try, this barbecue shrimp recipe is definitely worth a try. With its bold flavors and easy preparation, it’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
The Best BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE
If you’re looking for the best barbecue shrimp in town, look no further than our restaurant! Our barbecue shrimp is a signature dish that has been delighting locals and visitors alike for years.
Our secret to the perfect barbecue shrimp is in the sauce. We start with a base of butter, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce, and then add a blend of herbs and spices to create a flavor that’s rich and complex. The sauce is then simmered with the shrimp until they are perfectly cooked and infused with flavor BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE.
But it’s not just the sauce that sets our barbecue shrimp apart. We use only the freshest and highest-quality shrimp, which are sourced locally whenever possible. Our chefs carefully peel and devein each shrimp by hand, ensuring that every bite is tender and juicy.
When it comes to serving our barbecue shrimp, we keep it simple. We believe that the dish speaks for itself and doesn’t need any elaborate garnishes or sides. Instead, we serve it with plenty of French bread for dipping, so you can savor every last bit of the sauce.
BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE Whether you’re a longtime fan of barbecue shrimp or trying it for the first time, we guarantee that our version will be the best you’ve ever tasted. So why not come in and try it for yourself? We can’t wait to show you why our barbecue shrimp is the talk of the town.
There are many ways to vary the classic New Orleans BBQBARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE to suit your taste and dietary preferences. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cajun-style BBQ shrimp: Add a Cajun seasoning blend to the butter mixture to give it some extra kick. You can also add chopped andouille sausage or bell peppers to the skillet for even more flavor.
- Lemon and herb BBQ shrimp: Add some fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, and basil, to the butter mixture along with some lemon zest. This will give the shrimp a bright and fresh flavor.
- Garlic and white wine BBQ shrimp: Use white wine instead of beer or chicken broth to add a subtle sweetness to the sauce. You can also add more garlic for a stronger garlic flavor.
- Paleo-friendly BBQ shrimp: Substitute the butter with ghee or coconut oil, and use coconut aminos instead of Worcestershire sauce. Serve the shrimp with cauliflower rice instead of French bread.
- Spicy honey BBQ shrimp: Add some honey to the butter mixture along with some cayenne pepper or chili flakes for a sweet and spicy flavor. Serve the shrimp with cornbread or biscuits instead of French bread.
- BBQ shrimp and grits: Serve the BBQ shrimp over a bed of creamy grits for a hearty and comforting meal. You can also add some crumbled bacon or sliced scallions on top for some extra texture and flavor.
No matter how you choose to make your BBQ shrimp, the key is to experiment and have fun with different flavors and ingredients. With a little creativity, you can create a dish that’s uniquely yours and sure to impress.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure that your New Orleans BBQ BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE comes out perfectly every time, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp: The quality of the shrimp is key to the success of this dish. Look for large, deveined, and peeled shrimp that are as fresh as possible.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp: Shrimp cook very quickly, so it’s important to keep a close eye on them to prevent overcooking. As soon as they turn pink and opaque, they’re done.
- Adjust the heat to your liking: The level of heat in this dish can be adjusted to suit your taste. If you prefer a milder flavor, reduce the amount of hot sauce or leave it out altogether. If you like it spicy, add more hot sauce or some chopped jalapenos.
- Use unsalted butter: This will allow you to control the amount of salt in the dish and prevent it from becoming too salty.
- Use a large skillet: You want to make sure that the shrimp have plenty of room to cook evenly and absorb the flavors of the sauce.
- Serve with plenty of bread: The bread is essential for soaking up the delicious sauce, so make sure to have plenty on hand.
- Make ahead: You can prepare the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. This will save you time and make the cooking process faster.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the best New Orleans BBQ shrimp that’s sure to impress your family and friends.
BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE
2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup beer
French bread, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, paprika, hot sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and beer, and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, and stir until they are coated in the sauce.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the barbecue shrimp in bowls, with plenty of the sauce, and some French bread on the side for dipping.