This Apple Dapple Cake is one of those good old, vintage plans that everybody totally cherishes! It’s a very wet, thick, vanilla-injected cake that is stacked up with lumps of apples and nuts all through.
To make this simple apple cake far better – when it emerges from the stove – you’ll pour a caramel-like spread and earthy colored sugar coat over the top. It leaks in while the Apple Dabble Cake is still warm – and it makes this brilliant cake simply substantially more delectable!
What is Apple Dapple Cake?
Apple Dabble Cake is an old vintage apple-nut cake formula that has been around for quite a long time. It appears to be that everybody’s grandma had this formula in their assortment!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
For the Cake:
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease base and sides of 9-inch springform pan with oil or butter
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix vegetable oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well mixed
- Add one egg at the time and once mixed, add vanilla mix on medium speed until blended
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg
- With mixer on, stir the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated
- Mix in chopped pecans then mix in diced apples, if needed use a stiff spatula to blend them well
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven at 350 degree F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
To make Caramel sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, butter, heavy cream vanilla and salt. Bring to a low boil and continue to cook stirring gently for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and pour over the top of the warm cake
- Transfer cake to a platter and serve.
Get Your E-book Now